When it comes to running a marathon, every detail counts, including the clothing you choose to wear. This is why selecting the right brand can make all the difference in your performance and comfort. In my article about the best marathon clothing brands 2024, I delve into the world of marathon apparel, showcasing the brands that stand out this year.
Whether you’re a seasoned marathoner or a first-time runner, finding the best marathon clothing brands is crucial to ensure you’re well-equipped for the big race. From innovative fabrics that wick away sweat to designs that provide optimal comfort and support, these brands have it all. Join me as I explore the top ten brands that are making waves in 2024, offering everything you need to hit the ground running.
Adidas is a German company that is one of the largest sportswear manufacturers in the world. Their marathon clothing is known for its innovation, style, and performance.
I’m particularly impressed that their marathon running clothes are lightweight and breathable, but they are also among the most stylish. If you’re a fan of Adidas running shoes, complementing them with the same brand’s race wear is a must.
Asics is a Japanese brand that is known for its high-quality running shoes. They also offer a variety of marathon clothing options, including shorts, shirts, socks, and hats. Asics is a good choice for runners who are looking for lightweight, breathable, and supportive marathon clothing.
Brooks is another well-respected brand that specializes in running shoes and apparel. They are known for their innovative designs and technologies, which help runners perform their best. Brooks is a good choice for runners who are looking for comfortable, supportive, and durable marathon clothing.
4. Hoka One One
Hoka One One is a relatively new brand that has quickly gained popularity among runners. They are known for their maximally cushioned shoes, which provide a soft, comfortable ride. Hoka One One is a good choice for runners who are looking for shoes that can help to reduce injuries and improve performance.
Hoka also has a line of stylish marathon apparel that matches the shoes that are available.
Saucony is another American brand that produces running shoes and apparel. They are known for their innovative cushioning systems, which help to reduce impact and fatigue.
Saucony is a good choice for runners who are looking for comfortable, supportive, and durable marathon clothing.
6. Craft Sportswear
Craft Sportswear is a Swedish company that has been making high-quality sportswear since the 1970s. Their marathon clothing is known for its comfort, breathability, and performance.
Clothing from Craft Sportswear is especially good if you’re looking for clothing for colder climates during your marathon build-up period.
Nike is a world-renowned brand that produces high-quality athletic apparel and footwear. They offer a wide variety of marathon clothing options, including shoes, shorts, shirts, socks, and hats. Nike is a great choice for runners of all levels, from beginners to professionals.
Puma is a German company that is known for its stylish sportswear. Their marathon clothing is designed to help runners look and feel their best on race day.
9. New Balance
New Balance is an American company that is known for its comfortable and supportive running shoes. Their marathon clothing is designed to complement their shoes and provide runners with a complete race-day outfit.
10. On Running
On Running is a Swiss company that is known for its CloudTec technology, which provides runners with a unique combination of cushioning and responsiveness. Also, their marathon clothing is designed to complement their shoes and provide runners with a complete race-day outfit.
What to Consider When Buying Marathon Clothing?
When selecting clothing for a marathon, it’s important to consider several factors to ensure comfort and performance during the race. Here are some key considerations:
- Material: Look for moisture-wicking fabrics that draw sweat away from your body. Materials like polyester, nylon, or blends are good choices. Avoid cotton as it absorbs moisture and can cause chafing.
- Fit: Choose clothing that fits well. It should be snug but not too tight. Clothing that’s too loose can cause chafing, while too tight apparel can restrict movement.
- Weather-appropriate Gear: Consider the weather on the day of the marathon. If it’s cold, layer up with breathable, moisture-wicking layers. For warmer weather, opt for lighter, breathable fabrics. Don’t forget a hat and sunscreen for sunny days.
- Chafing Prevention: Look for seamless clothing or flat seams to reduce the risk of chafing. Applying anti-chafing products on sensitive areas can also help.
- Visibility: If you’re running early in the morning or late in the evening, wear clothing with reflective elements to increase your visibility.
- Specialized Clothing: Compression garments can improve blood flow and reduce muscle fatigue. However, it’s best to try them during training to see if they work for you.
- Comfortable Socks: Invest in good-quality running socks that wick away moisture and provide cushioning. Avoid cotton socks.
- Undergarments: Wear supportive and moisture-wicking undergarments. Women should invest in a good sports bra that provides enough support for high-impact activity.
- Accessories: Consider accessories like gloves, arm sleeves, or a running belt to carry essentials depending on the weather and your needs.
- Break-in Period: Wear your marathon clothing during training to ensure it’s comfortable and doesn’t cause any issues.
Remember, what works best can vary from person to person. It’s important to test your marathon outfit during training runs to ensure it’s comfortable and functional for the big day.
Read more: Best running clothing brands
FAQs – Best Marathon Clothing
Lightweight, breathable, and moisture-wicking fabrics are ideal for marathon running. These materials help keep you cool and dry by wicking sweat away from your body. Look for synthetic fibers like polyester or nylon. Avoid cotton as it retains moisture and can cause chafing.
While not necessary, compression gear can be beneficial. It is believed to improve circulation, reduce muscle soreness, and provide support. Common compression garments include socks, calf sleeves, and shorts. Choose what feels comfortable for you.
Very important. Your shoes should provide good support and cushioning to absorb impact. They should fit well and be appropriate for your foot type and gait. It’s recommended to break in new shoes with several training runs before the marathon.
A hat or visor can protect your face from the sun and help keep sweat out of your eyes. Choose one that’s lightweight and made of breathable material. A hat with a brim can also provide shade for better visibility.
Look for socks that are seamless, moisture-wicking, and have a snug fit to prevent blisters. Some runners prefer socks with extra cushioning for comfort, while others opt for thinner materials for better shoe fit and heat management.
Select shorts or pants that are made of lightweight, breathable fabric. They should allow for full range of motion and not cause chafing. Some runners prefer shorts with built-in liners for additional support.
This depends on personal preference and weather conditions. Tank tops allow for more airflow and are cooler, which is ideal for hot weather. T-shirts provide more coverage and can be better for cooler temperatures or sun protection.
Specialized sports underwear can be beneficial. They are typically made from moisture-wicking material to keep you dry and are designed to reduce chafing. However, any comfortable, moisture-wicking underwear should be sufficient.