The Hoka Speedgoat 6 is one of the most anticipated releases in the world of trail running shoes. Named after Karl “Speedgoat” Meltzer, a legendary ultrarunner known for his dominance in 100-mile races, the Speedgoat series has become synonymous with performance and durability. This latest iteration, the Speedgoat 6, has been eagerly awaited by runners and outdoor enthusiasts who are keen to see how Hoka has innovated and improved upon the previous models. Here is everything we know about the Hoka Speedgoat 6 release date and the new features on the shoe.
The release date of the Hoka Speedgoat 6 is a significant event in the running community, as it represents the culmination of research, development, and feedback from a diverse range of users, from professional athletes to casual trail runners.
In my Swedish article on the best trail shoes, I listed the Hoka Speedgoat 5 as the best trail shoe of 2023. Therefore, it is with great interest that we look at the news on the new shoe model in the series.
Hoka Speedgoat 6 Release Date
The Hoka Speedgoat 6 is expected to be released in July 2023 and will be priced at $155. The shoe model was shown during The Running Event in Austin November 19-21. Among other things, the following updates are available on the Hoka Speedgoat 6 compared to the previous model of the shoe:
- New lighter more resilient CMEVA midsole foam
- New Breathable woven textile upper
- Vibram Megagrip with 5mm Traction Lug
- Dual gusset tongue, with revised lug orientation
These enhancements are aimed at further solidifying the Speedgoat legacy as a top-tier trail running shoe for both experienced and novice runners. Stay tuned for more official details and announcements as the release date approaches.
Read more: Hoka Bondi 9 launch date
About the Hoka Speedgoat Running Shoe
The Hoka Speedgoat is a renowned trail running shoe known for its exceptional cushioning, traction, and durability, making it a favorite among seasoned trail runners and casual enthusiasts alike.
While it excels in a variety of conditions, from rugged terrains to long-distance runs, it also comes with certain trade-offs. Let’s delve into both the pros and cons of the Hoka Speedgoat running shoe.
Pros with the Hoka Speedgoat Running Shoe:
- Superior Cushioning: The Speedgoat boasts a generous stack height of 28/32mm, providing ample underfoot protection for tackling uneven terrain and reducing impact forces. This cushioning translates to exceptional comfort, especially for extended mileage hikes or runs.
- Exceptional Traction: The Speedgoat’s aggressive outsole features Vibram MegaGrip technology with 5mm lugs, providing exceptional grip on a wide range of surfaces, from smooth dirt trails to rocky scrambles. This traction instills confidence and stability in various conditions.
- Durable Construction: The Speedgoat is built to withstand the rigors of trail running, incorporating a durable upper mesh that provides breathability while also resisting tears and abrasions. The reinforced toe bumper further protects against scuffs and impact.
- Excellent Fit and Support: The Speedgoat’s wide toe box accommodates a natural foot splay, promoting comfort and preventing discomfort during long runs. The midfoot is well-structured and provides ample support, while the breathable collar and tongue enhance overall comfort.
- Versatile Performance: The Speedgoat thrives in a variety of conditions, from moderate trails to technical terrain. It handles rocky climbs, uneven surfaces, and muddy conditions with confidence.
Cons with the Hoka Speegoat Running Shoe:
- Weight: The Speedgoat’s generous cushioning and durable construction contribute to a relatively heavier weight compared to some trail running shoes. This may not be a deal-breaker for many runners, but those seeking a lighter option may prefer a different model.
- Less Breathable: The Speedgoat’s durable upper mesh provides protection and durability, but it may not be as breathable as some other trail running shoes. On hot days, runners may experience some excess heat buildup.
- May Be Too Cushioned for Some: While the Speedgoat’s cushioning is a major selling point, runners who prefer a firmer underfoot feel may find it overly soft and mushy.
- Not Ideal for Speedwork: The Speedgoat’s focus on cushioning and durability may not be the best choice for speedwork sessions or races where responsiveness and lightweight are crucial.
- Slightly Bulky Design: The Speedgoat’s generous cushioning and reinforced construction make it a slightly bulkier shoe than some other options. This may not be a major concern for most trail runners, but those seeking a more minimalist design may prefer a different model.
Overall, the Hoka Speedgoat is a remarkable trail running shoe that delivers exceptional cushioning, traction, and durability. It’s a top choice for runners who prioritize comfort and protection during long hikes or runs on various terrains.
However, its weight, breathability, and overall design may not suit all runners, particularly those who prefer a lighter, more responsive shoe or those seeking a shoe specifically for speedwork or competitive racing.
Read more: Hoka Arahi 7 release date
FAQs – Hoka Speedgoat 6 Release Date
The official release date for the Hoka Speedgoat 6 is July 2024. However, some retailers may start selling the shoe earlier.
Pre-orders are not yet available for the Hoka Speedgoat 6. However, you can sign up for notifications on Hoka’s website to be alerted when pre-orders become available.
The Hoka Speedgoat 6 features a number of updates, including: A redesigned, woven textile upper with a more breathable and comfortable fit, more aggressive outsole with deeper lugs for better traction, and a revised midsole with updated cushioning for a softer and more responsive ride.
The best Hoka Speedgoat model for you will depend on your individual needs and preferences. If you are a trail runner who prioritizes comfort and cushioning, the Hoka Speedgoat 6 is a great option. However, if you are a more aggressive trail runner who prioritizes performance and traction, the Hoka Speedgoat 5 might be a better choice.
The Hoka Speedgoat 6 will be available in a wide range of sizes, from men’s 7 to men’s 15, and women’s 7 to women’s 13.
The suggested retail price for the Hoka Speedgoat 6 will be $155 USD.