Earlier this year, Adidas launched the Ultraboost Light, with a revolutionary new material at its core – Light BOOST. The new technology is 30% lighter than previous BOOST materials, resulting in a lighter shoe with energy, ultimate cushioning, unrivalled comfort and responsiveness. Here is everything you need to know about the new Adidas Ultraboost Light 2023.
The Ultraboost is one of the most popular among all models of running shoes from Adidas. Part of the reason for this is that the shoe model is extremely versatile and can be used for running, the gym and as an everyday shoe. In fact, this is one of the most popular everyday running shoes on the market. They look great with both jeans and an Athleisure style.
The New Adidas Ultraboost Light 2023
According to Simon Lockett, category director of product marketing for footwear at Adidas, the new Ultraboost Light has been designed in response to consumer feedback and aims to meet the individual needs of different runners.
The shoe’s Light BOOST material provides all the benefits of previous Ultraboost shoes but with the added bonus of a lighter silhouette.
The Ultraboost Light also features a redesigned LEP on the sole of the shoe to optimise responsiveness and work in harmony with the new Light BOOST material, as well as a lightweight and breathable PRIMEKNIT+ upper and Continental™ natural performance rubber for optimal grip in all weather conditions.
To celebrate the 10th anniversary of BOOST technology, Adidas is also releasing a special edition Ultraboost Light with a dedicated colourway. In addition, Adidas has launched the Just You And Your Run challenge, where runners from around the world can help cover a total of 3,000,000 kilometres and unlock an Ultraboost Light badge in the Adidas Running app.
Advantages and disadvantages of the Adidas Ultraboost
The Adidas Ultraboost shoe model is a popular choice for both athletes and recreational users. While there are many advantages to this shoe, there are also some disadvantages to consider. Here are the pros and cons of the Adidas Ultraboost shoe model:
- Comfort: The Adidas Ultraboost is known for its comfort. The shoe has a soft, breathable knitted upper that moulds to the shape of the foot for a snug and comfortable fit. Boost midsole technology also provides excellent cushioning, making these shoes perfect for running or other high-impact activities.
- Style: The Ultraboost is a stylish shoe that comes in a variety of colours and designs. Whether you are looking for a classic black and white shoe or something more bold and colourful, there is an Ultraboost model for you.
- Durability: Despite its soft knitted upper, the Ultraboost is a durable shoe that can withstand the rigours of daily wear and tear. The outsole is made from a durable rubber material that provides excellent grip, and the Boost midsole technology is designed to last a long time.
- Versatility: The Ultraboost is a versatile shoe that can be worn for a variety of activities. Whether you’re running, walking or just running errands. It is definitely one of the most versatile running shoes on the market.
- Price: The Ultraboost is a relatively expensive shoe compared to other models on the market. Especially the latest model Ultraboost Light which has a price of 2149 SEK. While the shoe’s comfort and durability may justify the price for some people, others may find it difficult to justify spending so much on a pair of shoes.
- Sizes: Some people have reported that the sizing of the Ultraboost is inconsistent. This can make it difficult to find the right size, especially if you buy the shoes online.
- Grip: The Ultraboost outsole provides a good grip on most surfaces, but some users find that the shoe can be slippery on wet surfaces. This problem now seems to have been addressed with the introduction of Continental rubber in the outsole.
- Breathability: The Ultraboost’s knitted upper is breathable, but may not be suitable for people with sweaty feet. The shoe can retain heat and moisture, which can lead to discomfort and foot odour.
History of the Adidas Ultraboost shoe model
The Adidas Ultraboost was first launched in 2015 as a premium running shoe designed to provide maximum comfort and performance for runners. The shoe was developed in collaboration with Adidas’ partner BASF, a leading chemical company, which helped create a unique foam material called ‘Boost’ that provides superior cushioning and energy return.
The Ultraboost quickly became popular with runners and sneaker enthusiasts for its sleek design, lightweight construction and superior comfort. The shoe’s upper features a breathable Primeknit material that provides a comfortable and supportive fit while allowing natural movement.
In 2016, Adidas released the Ultraboost Uncaged, a variant of the original Ultraboost that had a more flexible and breathable design. The Uncaged version removed the plastic cage in the midfoot from the original Ultraboost and replaced it with a softer and more flexible Primeknit material.
Since its initial release, the Ultraboost has undergone several updates, with new colourways and design changes being released regularly. Adidas has also collaborated with a variety of designers and brands, including Stella McCartney, Parley for the Oceans and Game of Thrones, to create limited edition Ultraboost models.
The Ultraboost has also expanded beyond its original use as a running shoe and has become a popular lifestyle sneaker. Its sleek design and comfort have made it a favourite among sneaker enthusiasts and casual wearers alike.
On the whole, the Adidas Ultraboost shoe model has become an important part of the sneaker industry and is known for its comfort, performance and stylish design.